Thursday, July 9, 2015

LULU THE DOG ISSUE

As the New Year starts things go downhill.  Tracy is more and more depressed.  I have more work so I am away from the house.  Things are very stressful.

We also have another problem that has been going on since September.  During the summer I hurt my foot and I was home almost all the time resting my foot.  I could barely drive so I was really house bound.  Lulu the little dog got really used to me being around the house for four months.  Then suddenly I felt better and I got two new clients and I was out of the house pretty much three days a week all day.  Lulu didn't like this one bit.  She started becoming aggressive.  Not toward me but toward Tracy and toward Bubba the other dog.  She was just an unhappy pup.

It got worse and worse.  It got to the point that every time I was in a room and Tracy tried to enter that room, Lulu would run up to her and growl and charge her.  It was scary and funny at the same time.  Funny because she is a 9 pound dog charging a 190 pound woman.  I know it was not good for either of them.  Lulu also would get very territorial and growl and charge Bubba.  It became an issue because Tracy could not enter any room I was in.

I finally took Lulu to a behaviorist and started some behavior modification, trying to make Lulu feel safe.  It was clear she didn't feel safe but I could not figure out why. Stay tuned to find out why Lulu didn't feel safe.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!