Wednesday, July 22, 2015

FIRST DAYS OF PEACE

The locksmith showed up and spent hours changing the locks.  I wanted all the outside door locks changed, as well as, two internal doors.  I wanted to add locks to two internal doors for safety reasons.

The next morning I went over to pick up Woodstock from the bird store.  Now the house was full.  Everyone was home.  Then I started cleaning.  I washed all the sheets, towels, blankets.  I dusted and cleaned and I moved back into the master bedroom.  I had moved out of the master bedroom when I came back from my vacation.

I still had my stuff in my go-bag.  I was not ready to unpack that bag.  In fact it took me weeks to unpack that bag.  I was still on edge and could not unpack that bag.

Each day I began doing one thing.  Cleaning something or fixing something or unpacking something.  I had a lot of cleaning to do.  The house fell in to disarray during the last few months and I now have a lot of things to take care of.  The list is long and exhausting.  The backyard is a jungle.  There is dust and dog hair everywhere.  The bathrooms need to be cleaned.  The cable needs to be fixed.  My car windshield needs to be replaced.  The floors need to be mopped.  It goes on and on.

Little by little I start chipping away at the list.

First I have to enjoy the peace and help my pups relax and get their puppy peace back.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!