Thursday, July 16, 2015

COUPLES THERAPY SESSION

The stress in the house was unbelievable.  When Tracy entered the room the little dog Lulu jumped up on the bedside table in fear.  I was so sleep deprived I could barely function.

Thursday was a day of waiting.  Would I hear from the court?  Would the temporary restraining order be granted?  Or would the judge refuse my request?

Thursday evening was couples therapy.  I had agreed a  week and half ago to go to couples counseling and I could not back out now.  It would look too suspicious.  So I had to attend the session.

It was tortuous.  Tracy spent the hour speaking aggressively about how she was wronged, She listed all the things I had done to her.  The therapist kept trying to interrupt, I signaled to let her talk.  Let her get it out.  If I got the restraining order, this would be her one chance to get it all out.  She went on and on for 45 minutes.  Then the therapist asked what I thought about what she said.  I said I already told her it was over and I didn't want to work on it if she was unwilling to get medical attention and stop yelling at me. Tracy said she didn't need medical attention and she was  not yelling. She was passionate.  I said then there was nothing to talk about it, it was over.  Maybe some day we could be friends but not now.

Tracy left separately from me in a huff.  I got home and the tension was worse than ever.  She kept saying why did you go if you never intended to work on our relationship.  I said I am ready to work on our relationship just not on the type of relationship that you want.

Friday was a day of waiting again.  Finally at 4pm I got the text.  The judge approved the temporary restraining order.  Yay!  There was one glitch.  The city website was done and my attorney could not print out the papers.  Without the papers my attorney could not have them served.  If the papers could not be served on Friday afternoon, I would have to live with her another weekend.  My attorney apologized but I said, what is another weekend at this point?

I spent most of the weekend to myself.  I binge watched a whole season of a show.  I was not feeling well on Sunday so I didn't go food shopping and basically didn't get out of bed.  Maybe it was the anticipation or the fear for what is coming next.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!