Tuesday, September 22, 2015

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

Now I am constantly thinking about how I can get involved.  What I can do to make a difference.  I had this horrible thing, this devastating thing, happen to me and now I want to do something to make it better for the next person.  I hear that for most people after a horrendous incident doing something makes them feel better, makes them whole faster.

I just don't know what to do.  No one seems to want my help.  I called a pet safe program that is supposed to take in your pet if you need to run and don't have anywhere to put your pet.  Well, I found out that that is not true.  I would have had to be in a shelter in order to put my pet in the pet shelter.  I think that is ridiculous.  So people who are running for their lives can only have their dogs taken care of for the night if they meet some socio-economic level.  Does that seem bizarre to anyone but me?  Because I didn't stay in a shelter (that I didn't even know existed) I couldn't board my dogs?  So crazy.  More bureaucratic bullshit.

This all goes back to the day the cops came to my home to help me get my go bag.  They were supposed to give me three pamphlets.  They did not.  The cop in charge asked me if I had a plan and I said yes and he said fine.  No pamphlets.  No help.  My plan fell through and I was left crying in my car with two dogs and I had not had any food since the night before.  What was I going to do?  I could not think.  If not for the hospitality of strangers, I would have slept in my car and been unsafe all night.

Something needs to change.  I want to help make that change.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!